I made hot dogs and home made mac and cheese yesterday.
I used Hebrew Nation hot dogs and put sweet relish, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, and clinatro with colby jack cheese on top.
My ‘recipe’ for mac and cheese is as following:
- put pasta into a boiling pot of water and cook until ready
- put a couple spoonfuls of butter or margarine in another small pot and let it melt over medium heat
- put some flour into the pot when the butter has melted and stir (baking soda works for this too, but if you use baking soda only use about a pinch or two)
- add about a cup of milk and stir
- then put any cheese of your liking into the pot and stir until the cheese is melted.
- drain the pasta and pour the pasta the pasta into a bowel and the the cheese over the pasta and stir it all together.
- season with pepper and cilantro
I cook everything by eye since I’m shit at following measurements. Use more butter than flour, the flour is only there to thicken the butter. Also don’t make it too buttery or you’ll taste it. Use your own judgement on how much cheese you want. I find that using shredded cheese instead of cut pieces from a block of cheese leads to the cheese being less clumpy when it’s poured and cooled over the pasta, but sometimes I make a mix of the two. I also mix my cheeses up and I tend to sprinkle shredded cheese over the finished pasta.